Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Plan C

I took my samples for beret and scarf to the last craft group meeting I went to. The gurus liked the beret, but gave the hexagon scarf idea the thumbs down. They felt that it would be too 'busy'. They suggested having the flower motif just at the ends of the scarf with something plainer in between. I undid the outer row of the hexagons and reconfigured them:
I sent a photo off to the group and they liked this, so forward I go with spinning. The spinning will take a while because I'm spinning it quite fine. Corlie also suggested that I make the contrast between the two colours greater so that the flower motif will show up better on beret and scarf. I think that's a good idea, I'll remember it when I do the dyeing. The stitch I've used for the 'plain' part of the scarf is the stitch from the first beret, which goes to show that my testing and experimenting doesn't go to waste!

8 comments:

  1. I agree it does need more of a contrast but I hope you'll be able to use these squares for something else. Time is never wasted - and with you - neither is yarn or thread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to have a group to contribute to your process! I'm interested to see what colors you choose to highlight the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They came up with some good ideas, hope you can use up your samples on another project,
    Sorry I've been away and not very well so I missed some of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a group of peers to help with suggestions. I like their idea. Your yarn is gorgeous and will be beautiful in your finished scarf. Happy Spinning...<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very clever- great ideas!!! I look forward to the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be awesome I just know it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me - I like the lack of contrast - more subtle for a scarf and hat...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this version, I would like 3 flowers more at both ends of a long scarf, so you can put it also on the head or under the cap. ;-) I'm sensitive to cold. I love that soft colors.

    ReplyDelete