Saturday, August 1, 2015

Attaching The Lace

I decided that instead of sewing the lace onto Annika's cardigan, I would knit it on. I picked up stitches around the edges using a circular needle. I'm  purling the last stitch of the lace knitting with a stitch from the circular needle on every wrong side row to join the lace to the cardigan. There are a lot of bits of wool attached to the cardigan - those are my markers to help me pick stitches up evenly. At one stage I thought I'd been too clever for my own good, but I think it's turning out alright:


10 comments:

  1. The lace edge is beautiful! I would rather knit it on than sew it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a clever clogs. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And with a lace border.Lovely.I have bought some yarn in pink and hopefully I'm finding a simple pattern only with Lace.But not until next weekend when we have waving goodbye to the eldest son with his wife and son.Wish you a nice Sunday and a new week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best to knit it on directly, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really talented and I don't know how you do so many different things so wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lace looks lovely ! ( I had missed it when I made the suggestion in a previous post). And hats off to All tips that reduce & streamline work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking beautiful and the edging will make the edge look as different. Well done fabulous idea
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete