Monday, March 10, 2014

No Blips

 I don't usually worry about colour blips, those little specks of colour evident on the underside when you join two different colours. But the colours in here are so vibrant that I thought blips might be distracting. I used Frivole's method, which you can read about here. I watched Frivole's video a few times, practised a bit and then began. I'm not sure mine are always perfectly neat, but there are no blips. I thought I was going to have to do great numbers of blipless joins, but the chain joins are lock joins or shuttle joins, so it was only on the rings that I had to use the technique.

9 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful - love the colours you've chosen. I don't know how to make blipless joins, maybe I'll have to learn. Quite amusing, apropos of that: a local distinguished tatter says that she simply colours in the blips with felt pens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a technique I have yet to try. I'll be sure to keep it in mind. Your tatting looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a lovely piece of tatting is this part of your pattern?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Jane are you attempting to make this doily as large as one of Renulek's??! I really do admire the work you are putting in to designing it, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) no, no. It will be about as big as the traditional one. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. It's lovely! I am eager to see what comes next. ;-)

    ReplyDelete