Monday, December 2, 2013

You Never Can Tell

 As the song says, 'It goes to show, you never can tell'. There was such enthusiasm over my coathangers on Wednesday that I thought they were bound to sell at the Christmas market on Saturday. Not so; I didn't sell a single one! I did, on the other hand, sell all the Christmas baubles. Overall I was happy with the day, I sold enough to make it worth doing and had several conversations about tatting. This is not a very good photo, I forgot to take one until the day was almost over. It does show that it was a very small fair. The hall normally holds cattle auctions, there was a ring behind me where the animals stand as the auctioneer does his thing. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow that is interesting information, that's unexpected, I wonder if people wanted something that others will see right away I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about that beautiful foodcover? - did that sell? Shame about the coathangers, but maybe you can give them away as presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sell the red roses one, but I did sell a turquoise one with dragonflies, so I was happy about that.

      Delete
  3. The good news is, you now have some beautiful hangers to use at home! I'm glad your baubles sold so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A neighbour has taken everything left over from the fair, so it was fine, just puzzling.

      Delete