Monday, October 7, 2013

Round 7 Begun

For many years I lived on a remote farm with a very long, dirt access road. The first few times I made the journey, it seemed interminable. Then I discovered that the way to cope with it was to divide it into quarters. If I knew I was only in the second quarter, I didn't start looking out for the farm house; and each quarter mark gave me a sense of progress. What does that have to do with tatting? I have marked round 6 of Renulek's doily into quarters using yellow thread, to measure my progress on round 7. I've just passed the first quarter marker, whoo-oo.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, and good method:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice how big is it now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used little pins! : )) I am a “counter” like the Count on Sesame Street; I count everything. So does my sister.

    The world is divided into 2 camps: those who count and those who do not.

    I am also a “marker.” So are you!

    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Probably related to my list-making tendencies!

      Delete
  4. Great idea!! Your doily is still so very beautiful to me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite philosophy: Eating an Elephant with a Teaspoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I count and mark and make lists too :) It does seem to help mark progress along the way - especially on those large projects. This doily is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it is getting so big, you have so much patience

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your good tip! that's a lovely doily :)

    ReplyDelete