Saturday, August 10, 2013

Dragonfly

 One of yesterday's inverted tatting doodles looked like a dragonfly wing. Today I had a go at making  a dragonfly. The blue one was not bad, but I thought his head was too long and his body too short, so I made the purple one with those adjustments. He has beads for eyes, but they don't show up very well here. I re-made yesterday's flower in one colour so as to have fewer ends to deal with, but I think it looks better with a contrasting ring in the middle. I added a lock chain stalk and some leaves. Still doodling!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful doodles - now you've got me itching to play with this idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done they look great, love the flower.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the blue one is great, looks perfectly proportioned to me love this! you did a great job. This project took flight! And the flower next to it is sweet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous flower and dragonflies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete