Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Double Trouble

 I decided that the next challenge I would tackle for my 25 motif challenge is Two Hearts in One by Martha Ess. I'm not sure where I actually found the pattern, since I can't find it again to give you a link! I have the first round more or less right, and I managed the split chains to get to the second round, but not far along there I have made an irretrievable muddle! The pattern shows the two hearts individually at the end, I'm thinking of tatting those first, just to get the hang of the structure of the hearts before I try to intertwine them. Plan B required, anyway. But it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy!

I used some of the thread I cut off to tat Grace Tan's "Jane's Bookmark Cross' - a lot easier than the intertwined hearts!


8 comments:

  1. That's quite a challenge you've taken on for yourself! I have yet to try Celtic tatting. I do like that cross. I guess I should put it on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a really good start on the heart!! :)
    And I love that cross!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, good luck with your challenge.
    I am on my 2nd Jane's bookmark Cross, it is an easy yet good looking pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celtic tatting + Fox = heartburn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) reminds me that I wondered if I had bitten off more than I can chew!

      Delete
  5. The pattern is somewhere on Georgia Seitz's Online Tatting class site. That was sooo long ago, I wonder if my pattern writing skills were up to snuff back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was me at fault, not your pattern, but I think your modern version would probably have more and clearer diagrams perhaps.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your challenge, the pattern is on my to do list too, but I'm still gathering courage...

    ReplyDelete