Monday, March 25, 2013

Flowery SCMR


I had some green size 40 thread left on my shuttles, a good reason to get on with Jane Eborall's Flowery SCMR bookmark that has been on my to-do list. I think I should've chosen a brighter thread for the flowers. It's a tricky bookmark to tat, worthy of being used for a competition entry! I'm still working on the tail. I'd like to do the flower and the tail without cutting, but it's proving more difficult than I imagined (I guess if it was easy, Jane would've already done it). The competition rules say the bookmark must be less than 20 cm in length, so I may have to do fewer repeats of the pattern to have room for the tail. I think these flowers look like water lilies.

4 comments:

  1. I've decided that it is much easier to tat this without the split green rings at the beginning and end of each flower and just do flower colors then leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I'll look at doing that next time round.

      Delete
  2. Nice! And I agree about the brighter flower thread. I tatted this in livelier colours and it was very effective. It is a terrific pattern.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete