Saturday, December 1, 2012

Two Sides to the Story


I decided to use the last of my white polycotton to make baby pillowcases. I looked up the dimensions in my notebook and worked out that I could make nine pillowcases with my material. Great. I cut two out and then realised my stupid mistake - a pillowcase has two sides; the dimensions need to be doubled! I had added seam allowances, but forgotten that.  I  worked out a more efficient way of cutting them out and finished up with seven, so that's not too bad. These are the first two. The heart is Li'l Heart by Birgit Phelps. I don't think  baby cases really need to be made in pairs, but I've done two anyway.

The power was off for four hours this morning. It didn't really matter, since I had tatting to do, but it was a warning against procrastination!

3 comments: