Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I'll have to keep it!


This was a project that should've been straightforward, but just wasn't. I won't bore you with all the things that went wrong, but the second-to-last straw was that it turned out the pink beads were not identical, there were a few that were smooth, not faceted.

I could live with that. Then came the final straw - I broke a bead. Because of the way the necklace is constructed, there was no way to shorten the necklace at that stage. I've put in a bead that doesn't match.

I can't sell a necklace with such an obvious flaw, which gives me a good excuse to hang onto Jess's wonderful sunrise thread! I'll wear the necklace to market and at least show it off, even if I can't sell it. 

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely and radiates "spring"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, very pretty. Depending on the length of your hair, or the height of your collar. who would notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good reason to keep it, since even with the off color bead it's still perfect.

    ReplyDelete