Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Just butterflies


My plan was to put yesterday's hibiscus in the centre of this food cover. I still intend to tat the hibiscus, but it will have to be for another project. I need to complete this today, so I've decided to stick with butterflies. Each corner has one of Jennifer Williams's butterflies with daisy picots, while Jane Eborall's very small butterfly is scattered over the rest of the cover. I've sewn dangly beads to each corner to hold the cover down. The edging is machine stitched with a stitch that looks like flowers and leaves. Instead of wrapping paper, I have made a muslin bag, decorated with Frivole's happy heart to put the cover in as a gift, which you can see on top of the cover.

5 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous idea and a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful work. Thanks for linking to the patterns. Once (or if) I finally get the basics of tatting down I will definitely be giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever idea. and wonderful execution.

    ReplyDelete