Monday, June 25, 2012

Gilding


The brown yarn was great for making a work jersey for my husband, but it's a little boring for making accessories. I decided to bling it up a bit by combining it with gold thread. I bought the gold thread in Singapore, planning to tat with it, but it doesn't work well for that. I did tat with it as a ball thread, using a black size 20 thread on the shuttle, but the results weren't satisfactory.  Even knitting with it is quite tricky, it's slippery and gets rapidly tied in knots, but I think it works better here than it did for tatting.

4 comments:

  1. The gold does make a nice accent for the brown, and it's great that you found a new use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely how you used the gold thread with the brown - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same experiences with gold threads, even it is viscose or polyester.
    But you have found the good way to use it! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely worth continuing, although it's too bad the gold thread is still a little tricky to work with.

    ReplyDelete