Saturday, April 14, 2012

My favourite patterns


I have to say that when I look now on Jane Eborall's pattern page I can't find the pattern for her very small butterfly. I'm sure it's Jane's pattern! I make it now from memory. It's my all-time-favourite pattern.

The patterns for the doilies come from my previous incarnation as a tatter, but I still love them. I think they have wonderful negative spaces. They were in the May 1984 issue of the Anna Burda magazine. I borrowed the magazine and copied the diagrams out. I still use those scribbles.

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, my favorite color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes....that is very nice use of negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely doilies. That little butterfly sure stands out among the green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the two doilies...
    Anna Burda 1984?....I was busy in other affairs...
    simple study in university!
    I have only from 1988 to 2006,the Italian version and some german!
    Fine color!..and beautiful butterfly..I love so much
    the Jane's pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna Burda featured tatting every May issue. I did find their patterns became more and more complicated as the years went on, I prefer the earlier ones.

      Delete