Monday, April 30, 2012

More scraps


I had a little bit of rainbow wool left over from Ans's hat - which Ans loves, incidentally, sorry Jane. Just enough for a pair of socks for Isabel, my granddaughter. This is my version of a Drops Design pattern I found on Ravelry. They're 'airline socks' without a heel or a directional toe. I gather the spiral structure is supposed to help keep them on neatly. I haven't made this kind of sock before, so Isabel can test-wear them for me. I quite like making sock heels, but then the foot length must be exactly right, so this type of sock might be better when making socks for someone far away.

Now I'm going back to  my edging. I must put in the hours to get it done.

1 comment:

  1. they look good to me, and we're just coming up to needing some socks too. I'll let you know how they go.

    ReplyDelete